Dear community,
i have set up multiple automations in Jira to make planning with the timeline easier.
One is that the Start Date and Due Date of linked issues (type blocks) is adapted automatically, when the Due Date of the linked issue is changed. This way the timeline is always up to date, even if issues are finished late.
Currently we need to link all issues of a parent by hand to use those automations. Now i am trying to create another automation, which links a newly created issue to the issue with the latest Due Date of the same parent. And I am failing miserably.
It is easy to link an Issue to a specific other Issue by name. But I can´t figure out how i can find the issue with the latest Due Date of the parent.
Another Option would be to find the Issue, which has the same Due Date as its parent, since i always update the parents Due Date with the latest one from the issue.
I hope you can help me,
Ronny