I want to set up an automation for the component field dropdown. The goal is to automatically add a label to an issue with the same value as the selected component when the issue is created or when the component field is edited.
Hi @Samrudhi Shete Which problem are you trying to solve and why? I don't see the added value of duplicating values from one field to another in the same issue.
Hi @Samrudhi Shete ,
Welcome to community
could you please confirm if you looking for something below
Thank you,
Prachi
Hello @Dave Mathijs we need this labels for tagging some Id's and for the Dashboards .. My question lies around how to access this field I tried with {{issue.components}} / {{triggerIssue.components}} which is not working
I want the same value as of component field as label
@Samrudhi Shete you could use {{issue.component.name}} but if you had multiple components on an issue that would not work as it would create a comma separated list with spaces that won't work with labels.
Or {{issue.components.get(issue.components.size.minus(1)).name}} would give you the last component added
But I agree with @Dave Mathijs
@Dave Mathijs Can we create a smart variable.. I am mainly trying to add some ID's over issues with automation which are dependent on the value of this component field can I get this component value as smart variable to further compare an assign id
Following smart values (variables) are available for Components:
You can try something like this.
{{issue.components.name}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.