The company where I work have an internal discussion regarding where to log work, in the Atlassian ecosystem.
We do AV installations and often do service and maintenance work at the customers location. I have been putting logs of this work in Confluence. The logs often look like:
Technician: "name"
Time spent: 2h
Equipment worked on: LED wall and audio amplifiers
"Updated firmware on the amplifiers and changed dust filters on bla bla bla..."
The specific venue has its own confluence page, with a folder labelled "logs"
My colleague strongly disagree with this method and says that I should rather create a new ticket in JSM, log all the information there and set the status to "done".
I believe that information should flow from JSM to Confluence, for storage and reference, not the other way around, but I am willing to change my mind, if there is a good case for using tickets as a logbook.
Any thoughts?