I have added the Request Participants field to the task issue type, but it appears blank when opening an issue and cannot be edited. Please refer to these two images for reference:
Hi Nahuel,
You can also check if the field exist in Task, Edit screen.
Hope this helps.
see above, (made a post error).
Besides the aforementioned screen schemes, you need the field to be visible for the user. All users can filter out fields they're not interested in. So you might want to check that too.
Hi @Nahuel Logghe welcome.
There's actually three levels of screen definitions which all have to be fulfilled:
The latter is linked to your project. If you only have the first one or two, there is no way that Jira knows how you want to see a certain field inside your project at hand.
Hope this helps you in your quest,
Dick
By voting for helpful posts and marking answers to your question, you're helping people with similar questions find a solution more quickly. Sharing is caring applies to knowledge as well
Hi Dick,
Thanks for your response. I have another question. I can’t figure out the naming convention used for the screens and screen schemes, which makes it hard for me to identify which one is being used for these specific issues among the dozens available. Is there a way for me to find out which screens and schemes I should edit?
Or is there any other workaround instead of adding the field to the particular screen used?
Hi @Nahuel Logghe ,
Reading your response, I take it you were helped by my answer?
You can navigate the three screen-defining windows by clicking on either a parent scheme or by opening up the bottom half of the screen definition and descend to a child screen (when applicable).
I suggest you have a clear naming convention for screens. It's one of the reasons I'm not allowing project adminship, as newly creation of screens is coupled to that.
Hope this helps you in your screenplay (pun intended ),
Well, it hasn't helped me yet, but I think it’s the most likely scenario. The issue is that I inherited the system, and I don't have the person who set it up to ask about it. I’m currently trying to figure out how everything was configured, and I'm not even close to being an expert in Jira. So far, I find it unnecessarily complicated and not very intuitive. But enough of my ramblings.
I do know the name of the project and the issue type. I need to add this field to that issue type for this particular project. However, I don’t know which of the dozens of available screens I need to check. I was thinking that perhaps the best solution would be to create a new screen scheme.
I haven't worked with screens and schemes before, and all the documentation I found explains how to create them from scratch. That doesn’t help me modify the existing configuration since I don't know which ones are involved.
Any tip you could give me on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.