I have a custom field created in jira,
I have populated the current sprint name to this field
now i have to write a filer to query this custom field and get all issues that have the current sprint name in it .
is this possible to do ?
Hi @Selva Praveen Elango,
I don't quite understand why you are making such a complex workaround. Can you explain what you are trying to achieve and why you don't simply run:
Sprint in openSprints()
That dynamically returns all issues in the current sprint, from the actual sprint itself.
You should be able to search on any field in Jira, but from your description I tend to assume your created a text custom field, which makes it difficult to search on exact names (it works with a ~ (like) operator instead of =(equals)), so if you don't need the workaround I would not do it that way ...
Hope this helps!
@Walter Buggenhout
I have create a custom field ( a short text field ) , have populate sprint name to the field .
I now have to check whether the value in the custom field matches the sprint value in the issue
I am trying to build a dashboard with Rich filters app
for example
the custom field i have populated 'Sprint 9' so when i choose sprint 9 in the dashboard i want to show the custom field which matches the selection
Is there any reason why you can't add the sprint field as a dynamic filter to your Rich Filters filter controller and filter by the actual sprint itself? That should return all issues in that sprint.
I can't wrap my head around why you would duplicate that information into a custom field?
the idea here is to display all stories that was marked as spillover in a particular sprint
i have 2 fields a spillover candidate(yes or no field) , spillover sprint (short text field)
When spillover candidate. is maked yes , the current sprint will be updated to the spillover sprint.
in the dashboard i am trying to display the stories marked as spillover in a particular sprint.
so if i mark any story as spillover candidate in sprint 9 , then the spillover sprint will be updated as sprint 9 .
In the dashboard i can choose sprint 9 and see all the stories that were marked as spillover in sprint 9
when using the actual sprint field the problem is that it gets updated with sprint names which all the story has been a part of. eg the story marked as spillover in sprint 9 and moved to sprint 10 will have the sprint value as both sprint 9 , sprint 10
so the story shows as spillover in sprint 10 too but ii need it to be displayed only in sprint 9 selection
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.