I am in the process of setting up a Jira Service Management instance for a client who will be sending requests to it via their own helpdesk system (Remedy). I have configured an e-mail address to use and tested this locally, it all works fine as expected. However, my responses have come from a test Gmail account and I have concerns that because all of the requests from Remedy will come from the same e-mail address, JSM won't be able to differentiate between what is a response to an existing request and what is a new request so it will continually create new requests.
Has anybody come across this problem before? If so, is there a way around this or will Jira just be clever enough to figure out what is a response to an existing request versus what is a new request that needs to be created?
Thanks in advance.