I've been trying to follow this article:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Populate-a-user-picker-field-from-the-description-field/ba-p/2134905
I have not been successful. Here is what I have so far:
I changed the web request from EMPTY to Issue Data and it finally worked, so it seems the documentation was either for a different purpose or not correct.
Hello @Jh
Based on this
...your issue's Description field literally contains the text
Worker's Manager |
You won't be able to extract a name from the Description field if the field doesn't contain the information.
Please provide an example of the text that you expect the Description field to contain.
@Trudy P Claspill
I blurred it out but the log basically shows
Description: Worker's Manager | John Smith
I'd like for it to read the value after:
Worker's Manager | xxxx
OR
Proposed Manager | xxxx
The xxxx will always be a display name of a user
What are the details of your Create Variable step(s)?
Will the Description field always have both Worker's Manager and the Proposed Manager information, or just one or the other?
Can the Description contain any additional text after the name you are trying to extract?
Create Variable Name/Value
managerDisplayName
{{issue.description.match("(Worker’s Manager \| |Worker's Manager \| |Proposed Manager \| )([^\n\r]+)").group(2)}}
managerAccountId
{{webResponse.body.get(0).accountId}}
The description only has one or the other and does not have any other text other than the Display Name.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.