I created a new org yesterday. To be clear, I mean with a new prefix: [org].atlassian.net. It contains a single project, which is team-managed. I turned off most features, keeping only Timeline, Board, and List. This org cannot use the Timeline feature. It says:
"To use this timeline, edit your board filter to include issues from [project] only"
I have created a Custom Filter with JQL "project = [project name]" and another with "project = [project key]". Both work within the Board.
However, Timeline still asks me to "edit your board filter to include issues from [project] only". The board custom filters don't stay on by default, I feel this may be related.
While setting up the Jira, I did mess around and create multiple projects. I deleted all but one, and also made sure that the remaining project did not have an inherited Project Key or such. I just went into the trash and permanently deleted the trashed project that was in there.
Other similar questions were able to solve their issues with JQL, but it doesn't work for me.
Any suggestions?