How to auto populate reporter's name in summary field when creating a ticket?
So based on the reporter who will raise a ticket, it will auto populate his/her name in summary field. Is it possible with scriptrunner?
Hi @Yousuf Al Rawahi,
If your question is indeed about cloud premium, I would recommend using automation for this.
You would need an automation rule along these lines:
{{issue.summary}} - {{issue.reporter.displayName}}
Hope this helps!
I believe this will be applied after creating a ticket, I want it on creation stage, before submitting the ticket. Is it possible?
No. The reporter of the ticket is not even known before an issue is created and automation rules act upon events; they do not manipulate screens while you are editing stuff.
I am quite sure that the end result will be what you want (or even better). If it were possible to add the reporter to the summary field while the user is creating an issue, he/she can still modify that field manually. If you want to make sure this information remains on the ticket, adding it automatically gives you more control over the process.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.