I have my database connected to a business request project. I thought that it would update with new records when a new ticket was created, but it's not. Any ideas here?
@Zach Wagner Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
According to @Sarah Wright (we are answering the question together in a livestream), when you pull in Jira data into your Confluence DB, it's an import. . .and not a sync. Even though the UI leads you to believe that you are establishing a 2 way connection.
While if you update an existing issue's field data, the data is synced over, any new issues created aren't. However, there is a workaround. All you need to is go to the bottom of your Conf DB and click on Add Entry. You should be able to find your new issue and add it manually to the DB.
Atlassian should fix this.
Hi @Zach Wagner Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
How are your Jira issues connected to your database? Which fields types have you added in your Confluence database?
Thanks @Dave Mathijs . I'm not sure how my issues are connected to my database except through the specific project. My field types are all Jira Issue Details.
Awesome. Thank you @Alex Ortiz ! Agreed, Atlassian should fix this.
I agree that Atlassian should fix this! Seems counterintutive that the Database would just be a snapshot in time and not something that updates moving forward. As just a snapshot, it does not have much value to me. I was really excited about Databases, but not really able to use it until this is upgraded.
Does anyone know if a ticket has been submitted to enhance the functionality? If so, can you share the link?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.