Hi,
I’ve noted that it is not possible to remove a custom field from Field configurations. Our Field configurations display all custom fields ever created in our Jira. I can delete a field from a specific Field configuration if I disassociate it from the projects, however, it also deletes it from the Default field configuration, thereby impacting other projects. Similarly, any new field created in a specific Field configuration would appear in the Default field configuration and vice-versa.
I am not sure if this is the intended behaviour of Field configurations or if this is a result of poor initial set-up on our part.
If it is the intended behaviour, it would be good to understand why, and what the work around is. Currently there are 169 fields appearing in all the Field configurations.
Is it possible to create a Field configuration for a project without all the 169 fields (and associated project names) appearing?