Hey, everyone! I need your help My automation create an epic, but can't create a child task and pin it to the parent What steps do i need to add more?
Hi @George Davitaya
Would you please clarify what you are trying to accomplish?
For example, if you want to create an Epic and then add child issues to it, the rule may branch to the most recently created issue to help set the parent:
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @George Davitaya ,
The branch is for doing something to the child-items, not creating them
You need to store the key of the created epic into a variable, i.e. {{newEpic}}
Then you create a story and put the variable into the epic link field.
Hope this helps,
Dick
Thanks for the reply!But unfortunately it didn't work for me, or I'm doing something wrong
Thanks for the reply!I need to create an epic on a certain query and create child tasks to it, but unfortunately I haven't succeeded so far
Can you please describe the step-by-step process and if you don't mind attaching a screenshot?thanks in advance!
What is not working as you expected with your rule?
Please post an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution. That will provide context for what you describe as not working as expected.
Hi George, In block 4 you create a variable named : Epic
In the fifth block you use the variable name; newEpic
These names should be the same.
I hope this helps,
By voting for helpful posts and marking answers to your question, you're helping people with similar questions find a solution more quickly. Sharing is caring applies to knowledge as well
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.