Details:
Hi Atlassian Community,
I'm facing an issue while configuring cascading asset fields in Jira Service Management (Cloud Premium). My goal is to have two dropdown fields, "University" and "Degree," where the available degrees are filtered based on the selected university.
Here’s how I have it set up:
I created two object types in Assets:
- University (with attributes like "Name" and "City")
- Degree (with attributes like "Name," "Study Plan," "Duration," and a reference to the University object)
I set up custom fields in Jira for both University (customfield_10203) and Degree (customfield_10204) and linked them to the respective object types in Assets.
The AQL for University is simple:
objectType = "University"
This works correctly and shows the list of universities.
- The issue comes with the Degree field. I want to display only the degrees associated with the selected university. I tried using this AQL for the Degree field:
- objectType = "Degree" AND "University" = $customfield_10203
- objectType = "Degree" AND "University" = customfield_10203
- objectType = "Degree" AND "University" = University<br>- objectType = "Degree" AND "University" = "{customfield_10203}"<br>- objectType = "Degree" AND "University" in $customfield_10203
- "University" = $customfield_10203
The problem:
When I select a university, the degrees do not filter based on the chosen university. However, if I use objectType = "Degree", I get all the degrees listed without filtering, so I know the degrees are there.
Things I’ve tried:
- Ensured that University is correctly set as a reference in the Degree object.
- Confirmed that the custom field IDs (customfield_10203 for University) are correct.
- Tried using both Reference and Dependency as relationships between University and Degree in Assets.
- Rechecked the AQL syntax multiple times.
Questions:
- Is my AQL syntax correct for filtering degrees based on the selected university?
- Is there a specific step I might be missing when setting up the cascading fields?
- Could working in a pre-production environment affect the behavior of asset field filtering?
Any guidance or insights would be greatly appreciated!