When text is converted into inline code (text between two backticks—`text`), is there a way to hyperlink the inline code?
Regular text and headers can be hyperlinked, but it would be helpful to hyperlink inline code.
Hi Emmanuel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Can you share a screenshot showing a little more detail of what you are looking for?
Hi John!
Here is a screenshot. The "inline text sample" is placed within a pair of backticks.
I am documenting programming methods, and the methods need to reference other methods or concepts that are formatted as inline code.
For example, this MDN page about the charAt() method has embedded hyperlinks within inline code.
Hi @Emmanuel Jose
Not in the stock Confluence editor - as a content person, I think the reason is that the code serves a specific purpose and is often copied. Hyperlinking it introduces issues...
/end of playing devil's advocateFunnily enough, you can do it here on the Community forum
Chances are there is an app in the Marketplace that can do that - either an app that enhances links or an app that enhances code blocks/lines.
Hi Kristian,
I'll definitely look around for plugins! I hope hyperlinking inline code becomes a native editor feature in the future.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.