Taking a dive on jira assets and how it could apply to my situation. I am trying to create a simple raise a request where the end user can select and asset and select a status and have an automation change the status of the asset object
So the request form is simple: Summary, the asset field (displaying the name and the status), and a dropdown field (containing: Active; Inactive)
What confuses me is the automation part
how do i actually edit the object currently the Lookup object looks at the value in the "Asset Object Status" which can hold only one object and then creates a smartvalue for the status field called {{Statusvalue}} but I can't seem to edit the object keep getting
"This component may be incompatible One of the following needs to be produced earlier in the rule by the trigger or with a 'for each' branch for this component to work: CMDB object"
Tried reading the documentation but I am just getting more confused.