Hey all!
I was trying to make API calls to the set of public JSM APIs, and since I’m already familiar with using the Jira Cloud API, I found it strange that I couldn’t make the calls.
After looking at the documentation (https/developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/#authentication), I understand that it’s not possible to make ad-hoc calls to this set of APIs, and I should have an actual application running to authorize my app, since one of the requirements for the authentication to work is to provide an callback url
Is my understanding correct?
No, you do not need an app in order to call the JSM API, you can use Basic authentication the same way that you use for Jira, see https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/#authentication-for-rest-api-requests.
Here is an example from the Get info endpoint
curl --request GET \ --url 'https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/info' \ --header 'Authorization: Bearer <access_token>' \ --header 'Accept: application/json'
Curious.
In the JSM postman collection, the standard authentication configuration is Oauth 2 and for some reason, when I looked at the documentation, the "ad-hoc" section was missing🤔
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.