May I ask if it is possible to set a workflow status "Approved" in the "Releases", instead of just unscheduled or scheduled?
Also, can we attach some files in the test executions so we can avoid open an issue again?
Lastly, may I also know about what is the use case of Component?
Thanks
Also, it is best to create separate questions so that conversations can be more streamlined. So, please create a separate question for this one.
Hi Ky - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Software? Business?
Also, are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Data Center?
The project is company-managed, and I am using Jira Cloud. Thanks
Sure! Thank you.
Thank you. I assume this is a Jira Software project - correct me if that is wrong. So, going on that assumption, there is nothing built into Software projects for Approvals. And Releases are follow a simple path of either being scheduled (date applied) or not. And as such, there is no approval process built in for releases.
If you really need that, you could possibly create a Release (or Releases) issue type, create a workflow for those, and manage the release as such separately from the work that is going into the release.
You can also request that Atlassian build this into the Release process by opening a ticket with Support. But I would think it would be many years before they might do something like this, if at all.
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Thanks a lot. It really helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.