Hello,
I'm saving the description of jira issue as smart value and using automation to send to slack. The problem I have is when jira issue description has some formatting like bulletpoints it comes out unformatted in Slack with lots of * **. Is there a way to preserve the bullet points from the Jira issue description?
I found a possible reason. It's because Slack API does not support lists
https://api.slack.com/reference/surfaces/formatting#basics
Hi, @CL
If I'm not mistaken, you need to use text formatting, in order not to break Slack text.
Smart value will look like: {{issue.description.jsonEncode}}
{{issue.description.jsonEncode}}
You can read about this here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-text-fields/#EncodingTry to use jsonEncode, maybe it can help.
Thank you for the quick reply! unfortunately jsonEncode did not give the result I wanted
You can try to convert to HTML encoding. According to Slack documentation it's required if you want to use special symbols in text.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.