We are a software development company. We have a team consisting of design, frontend, backend. We work with projects, epics, user stories, tasks and subtasks (in that order in terms of hierarchy). We work with sprints (2 weeks).
What is the best way to approach this? Is there maybe a template for this?
I've tried the kanban template, which looks good. I'm able to create epics. Per epic I can create user stories (=child issues). But when I then want to create child issues for a user story, I only get the option to create a subtask and I can't link a team to that sub-task. In other words, I'm missing the task level in my board. The subtasks would be preferabally only for the developer to cut his/her work in pieces.
Example:
- Epic: Improve login system
- User story: As a user, I want to be able to login using a magic link
- Task: Implement magic link functionality (frontend)
- Task: Create email template (backend)
Is this possible in Jira?