Hello All,
Please let me know what is the purpose of linking the issues. I have linked 2 issues and when I comment in one of the issues I thought it should appear in the other issue as well. But it is not appearing.
Hi @[deleted]
You can use linked issues to connect work across teams and projects in Jira. Linked issues help your team surface, understand, and manage dependencies and related work. Refer this link for documentation.
Adding a comment in an issue that's linked to another won't automatically add a comment to the linked issue since it's not designed to work that way. However, you can set up an Automation rule to get that comment added to the linked issue.
Issue linking in Jira is being used to create the dependencies between the issues. For example: Before task B gets in progress, task A needs to be done. Linking issues doesn't necessarily mean reflecting the the changes on the other issue. For this, you would have to create automation rules that will trigger the wanted action.
where can I create the automation rule
If your Site admin have allowed project administrators to manage project rules, and if you have project administrator access, then Navigate to Project Settings > Automation
From there you can create automation rule. Refer example rule below -
Refer What are Automation Rules for more details around this topic.
Adding to this...
Linking issues is not used only to create "dependencies". Linking issues indicates there is some relationship between the issues. That might be a type of "dependency", or it could be a clone relationship, of a test-and-bug relationship, or any variety of custom relationship that the Jira Administrators want to define.
Hi @[deleted]If the responses were helpful, feel free to mark them as accepted; it can assist other users facing similar questions.
@Trudy P Claspill @Nikola Perisic Can I automate the rule where in I can link the issues from different board and when one comments on the linked issue it will also reflect on the other issue's comment section?
@[deleted]
@Kishan Sharma already provided the answer to that question on 20 September.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.