Hi All,
So we are in the process of migrating some data into Jira from another system. I've got a script running that will be able to set the field values, however it can't set them at this point because these custom fields are not on the Edit screen (yet).
Why don't I want to just add them to the Edit screen? Because there are data for thousands of issues in the external system and I want to prime the values before adding them to the screens. Plus we have many hundreds of users and I know from experience if I add anything to the edit screens they will instantly start setting them and then when the script runs and primes the data they will all complain that the data got corrupted.
I tried overrideScreenSecurity and that doesn't work for API from a script (I'm a org admin and used an api token from my org admin account).
So my goal would be to prime the data, validate everything is good to go, then expose the fields on the issue.
Looking for any ideas of suggestions on how to be able to prime this data w/o exposing the fields to all these user who will definitely mess with the fields before they are supposed to.