Hi,
Earlier this week, I was able to access the Board Settings configuration, but unfortunately, I can't see it now
I'm still an Admin but I noticed that there's a warning mark on my product roles. Is this the reason why I can no longer see the Board Settings options? If yes, how can this be fixed? Thanks in advance
https://paste.pics/18706a41ae3f6cd8121b9c17d0aa350d
Hi Jay - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
No, the warning is not related. What type of project are you working with? Basically, only Jira Software Company-managed projects will give you the ability to Configure the board, while Team-managed projects have a very limited capability to modify things.
I created a company-managed project where I created a board with a view of all the other team-managed projects via Board Settings configuration. Unfortunately, when I tried to edit it now, I can't access the Board Settings anymore
Based on your reply, I'm guessing after the board was created, since the board contents came from team-managed projects, they lost the Board Settings configuration option. Am I right in my assumption? So maybe I need to create a board every time I need to make edits on the merged view/board?
No, if you created the board, you should be a board administrator which would give you the ability to do edits. But also, access to the board is based on who the board filter is shared with - this is where you would have linked the board to the Team-managed projects. So check the filter to see who it is shared with.
Hi @John Funk This is my role on the project https://paste.pics/ae178016fa4b8fde74049dab595cf8bc but not sure why I can't see the bord settings configuration
I'm in Company-Managed, but I'm experiencing this same problem. I'm an admin. Nothing I do seems to help make the Board settings appear.
Hello @justinkwapich
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
I see that you started your own original Question.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Can-t-find-quot-Board-settings-quot-in-quot-Team-Managed-quot-or/qaq-p/3167045
That is the correct rather then adding to a post that is over a year old.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.