Hi all, I know this is a little odd but would love to hear ideas.
Basically we have a ticket we want to enforce PORTAL ONLY creation, there doesn't look to be a good way to do this.
So as a work around, I have a validator on "Create" of the workflow that requires a certain field to not be empty. I then remove that field from the "Create" screen and provide a custom error for that field stating "Please create via Portal".
As the value is provided via the form, it is pre-filled on the portal and thus creates the ticket. But can not be added in the "Create" screen and thus can't be made in the backend.
This actually works fantastic. Well until I get to my next issue. I also have an automation that needs to create a ticket too, this copies details directly from the first. The problem I have is the validator STOPS the ticket being created as of course that field isn't filled in.
And my automation won't fill in that field during Create because I'm hiding it from the Create screen so it doesn't even know the field exists.
Would love to hear some advice! Thanks