Scenario:
Create a form for ‘Deboarding Employee’ that captures : Employee Name , Last Work Day and Location. Using Automation - when the form is submitted – email specific employees (based on location) of the ‘Deboarding Employee’.
If I run the automation manually (against a previous created ticket with the deboard form attached) checking for Summary condition contains ‘Employee Deboard’ and status is one of ‘Waiting for support’ – the automation works fine and will run as expected – sends an email with ‘Employee Name, Last work day and location’ to specific employees that need to know of the ‘Deboarding employee’. (Location is checked as to ensure what group of people need to be emailed)
- I’ve written to the audit log ‘Employee Name’ , ‘Last work day’ and ‘Location’ – and the correct information is displayed there.
When I change the automation to trigger on ‘When: issue created’ checking the same conditions listed above – the automation does not work as expected. Summary and Status are correct. When I check ‘Location’ to send email – the location is blank (along with Employee Name and Last work day). Location is a custom field and a screen field. (both Employee Name and Last work day are also custom fields). I have referenced these fields as a ‘named’ field and as a custom field in the automation (issue.customfield_xxxxx). The audit log does not show any information in the fields. I am able to edit the ‘description’ field and add ‘Deboarding Employee’ without the employee name. I’ve also tried ‘Re-fetch’ – 5 times for 5 seconds each – and still no information in the 3 fields.
Any help is appreciated.
Please see attached screen shots.
JSM / Data Center - on prem
Service Mgmt 5.9.1