I want to create a Jira automation that automatically deploys an ops sub-task to push Bitbucket changes to production without manual intervention. This automation should run twice a week in scrum board.
The steps for the automation are as follows:
- Use the scheduler to create a Non-Development Work ticket.
- Create an ops sub-task linked to the Non-Development Work ticket as the parent issue. Both the task and the ops sub-task need to be visible in the current sprint for visibility purposes.
- Transition the ops sub-task to ‘Ready for Prod’ and then to ‘Deployed in Prod’ (if possible, directly transitioning to ‘Deployed in Prod’ to trigger deployment).
- Once the ops sub-task is deployed to production, it should trigger the Bitbucket deployment.
- Send an email to my team indicating that the automation has been triggered and requesting confirmation.
- Transition the Non-Development Work ticket to ‘Done’.
The screenshot I provided is the automation I tired to make myself, it currently only creates the Non-Development work ticket only, rest of the automation fails. 