I may not fully understand the field and its purpose.
We are importing and transitioning from spiceworks where we had "Category" that is easy enough to transfer to "Components"
Then we have a field in the old system called "Department" is there something similar to it in Jira other than Organizations (which may not be what i'm looking for). i think "teams" is a globally set group but i'm looking for something more project-related project-level thing.
I'd like to give a try to the field "Organizations" which as of now says "No matches found" if i click on the "None" and try to select one when opening an issue/ticket. Where as "Components" have a dropdown, and "Team" has a dropdown and when it's empty it offers to create one. Organizations does not do any of these and I couldn't find where to create one to see if that's what we want.
thanks
gabe