Hello,
we're in a situation where we think one of our customers is creating automated requests to our the customer portal.
Is there any way we can prevent this or at least understand from some audit if that's the case?
Thanks
Hi Nicolo,
Can you provide more information as to why you think they are doing that? And if they are, then you can take them out of being a customer.
Hi John,
I think they're doing it because we have a customer portal set up with Assets that automatically links some useful information into the ticket.
Those information were missing from the ticket (highly unusual, so I thought it was a manual integration) and there was the ticket itself, which had a description which was a dump from a testing framework and a few screenshots. It didn't seem to be wrote by a human.
Put all this together and you see why I'm trying to find out if it was an automated call through APIs to our portal or a legitimate support request.
I'm afraid taking them out as a customer can't be done, I just need to find evidence of that behavior and, if it's actually happening, talk with them.
EDIT: and I just forgot to mention that it was a topic that was already brought up by them, if we could somehow automate the creation of support tickets.
Gotcha - thanks for the additional info. Is the Assets field required? If they are not populating that, then the ticket should not get created if the field is required and not populated.
It's not required, but it's up to them to select the correct one because we bill them based on the things they select; and it never happened that they left all of them blank.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.