This seems like it should be so straightforward but I cannot figure it out. When a linked issue (issue
is created from an existing issue (issue A), I want the values of Assignee, Reporter, and Organization to copy from issue A (the original issue) to issue B (the new issue).
My automation rule:
When: Issues linked (Types: all link types)
If: Issue matches JQL (Organizations = empty)
Then: Edit issue fields (Assignee, Organizations)
I have tried both "Copy from issue" and "Copy from trigger issue" and while the Audit log tells me the issue ran successfully, I believe it is just copying from itself? How do I indicate that I want the values copied from issue A?
I have also tried to create this rule on Issue create with criteria of "Linked issues present" but I am unsuccessful in that path. Which is the right one, and what adjustments do I need to make? Do I need to re-fetch issue data somewhere in here?