Hi!
I would like to inquire if the label field values can be globally shared to all JIRA projects or specific JIRA projects we have?
Hello @Sherwin Soriano
Values entered in the Labels field are global, not project specific.
Hi @Sherwin Soriano
The label field is a global field.
If you require a label like field to specific project, create a custom field or type label and use it on the screens related to the projects.
@Marc -Devoteam- @Trudy P Claspill this is weird because I created a Dashboard and use the field element to check the label and its telling me, its per JIRA project.
I also tested a label I created in Project A and went to Project B, I could not find the input I did in Project A as label.
Can you provide a screen image of what you see where it is telling you that the label is per Jira project?
What are the project types of the projects you are using? Get that information from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
What is the name of the field where you are entering the labels? Can you provide a screen image of an issue where you are using that field?
Hi @Sherwin Soriano ,
To visualize and manage labels cross projects i recommend Colored Label Manager
Atlassway Team,
Karim
@Trudy P Claspill
I am using this gadget in the dashboard
when you configure this, it will ask what specific project you want to put on it
I created two of this for two different projects, they dont have the same label inputs when you save it.
I suspect, but have not tested, that the Labels values you see are the ones that have actually been used in issues in the specified project.
I'll text that theory when I have time.
You could do some testing yourself by creating filters to search for issues in the specified project where the Labels field includes the values that are missing from the gadget.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.