We love JIRA, but the Atlassian philosophy regards Resolution doesn't fit our processes. We use JIRA to track the entire cycle from bug/enhance/new-feature identification all the way through deployment. We don't close an issue with the bug is resolved (addressed by developers and validated by QA), there are many other activities after the resolution including deployment scheduling and the production deployment itself.
Since many standard reports in JIRA depend on the resolution status, we have for the last several years in the standalone version have simply removed this field from our screens so that it can't be changed and have a workflow event that changes it to simply complete when the issue is confirmed as deployed in production.
In the OnDemand version, a workflow I setup is randomly setting this resolution status. I say randomly, because I have not identified what the cause is. Sometimes, it is occurring when creating a new issue and sometimes in other parts of the workflow. Right now, I don't really care if this a bug in my workflow or in the OnDemand system - BUT what I do care about is that I am unable to change that resolution status to a status that will allow it to show up on some of the standard filters, such as My Issues. I had to create a new filter and push it out to everyone so that they know what to work on.
I have posted this question in the forums, but did not get any useful responses. I really need to clear these resolution status to something that does not consider it fixed/resolved/doesn't work for me (ugg)/ etc.
This is impacting project manager reports and confusing developers & QA teams to the point that the they are loosing faith in the tool and I don't blame them.
Please help!
Karyn