As a Service Desk Member (SDM), I can create a ticket in a Jira Service Desk (Desk) that contains external customers of multiple companies organized into Organizations. Note, customers from one Organization SHOULD NOT view tickets from another. To create a ticket I can do this in the following scenarios. I make a distinction between the Web Portal and the Jira UI (the normal Jira user interface that actual licensed Service Desk Members can access).
Ticket Scenarios:
1) On Behalf of Customer (via Web Portal)
2) On Behalf a Customer (via Jira UI) - Sets the reporter at creation
3) Create a ticket, assign the Reporter and Organization later (via Jira UI) - allows us to draft a ticket and later assign to the Reporter/Organization so they can see it.
QUESTION: In scenarios 2 and 3, how do I prevent a SDM from assigning the Reporter to a ticket for a Organization they are not a part of? OR the other way, assign a Organization to a ticket when the Reporter is from a different Organization?
Currently, only scenario 1 has built in Jira rules to prevent this from happening. For scenarios 2 and 3, I can easily assign a ticket with a Reporter or Participants all from different Organizations that do not even match the Organization field set value. There's no prevention and I see NO WAY TO ADD IT.
Am I missing something here?
By the way, I have permissions so a customer can only see their ticket and those of their Organization. Also, I have to register new customer users so this is not an open Desk.
How is seems like Jira Service Desk should work or be configured to do
Jira should allow you to set a Reporter or Organization and then scope down the other field's possible values relative to what you selected.
For example, if I select customer 1 as the ticket reporter from OrgA, then the Organization field should ONLY allow me to set it to OrgA. If I also try to assign Participants to the ticket, then again, only the available Participants of OrgA should be available for assignment.
The Web Portal actually works this way when you create a ticket on be half of a customer (scenario 1 above). When you do, the Share with Organization field is limited to only that Reporter's Organization.
This seems like an accident waiting to happen for SDM team resulting in a customer seeing information from the wrong Organization.
HELP?