I have been searching for an answer to the following resource and capacity management query I have. In Jira I have defined 2 teams: Dev and Test. I added one dev to the dev team and one tester to both the dev and the test team (this is all hypothetical). In plans I have a plan with 2 projects pulled in. One project has the dev team with 7.5d per week (using Kanban) and the other project has 2.5d per week capacity.
I am viewing the capacity by teams in Plans so that I can see the capacity gauge for each team. What doesn't add up though is that I can assign two tasks in my dev project to my tester totalling 7.5d effort, and a task in my test project of 2.5d effort to my tester for the same week.
Logically this means my tester is delivering 10d of effort in 1 week. The capcity gauges show green. I am concerned that a PM will have more manual work to oversee team members that belong to more than 1 team as it is very easy to over-allocate work to them without any warning.
Has anyone faced this issue and tackled it with good practice without buying more apps?
Thanks
James