We're looking to use JSM for our helpdesk for our work domain only, for internal support.
Let's say we are @Work.com as the domain.
Anyone who sends an email to our support email (associated with the jsm project/portal) should have their issue received and should get a reply. We have manufacturing folks and the only thing they can barely do is send email; I can't ask them to go setup a Jira login just to be able to send email requests.
Conversely, those who want to use the portal should just be able to get access. It should still recognize them as them (via their email/domain account), but I want the number of steps to be minimal.
We were trying this without SSO (to ms365) by setting the allowed domains and such, but it just doesn't work - if you don't setup the account, you can't send the email. And to set up the account is like a dozen steps and it would break the souls of many of our users.
Looking for a quick set of steps vs getting sent all over Jira, in and out of the project, to get this setup via articles and such I've found. If SSO is the 'only' way to make it work then I will have to buckle up and go down that road.
Thank you