When you go to the FIELDS settings in JIRA, the 'Team' field is marked as 'Locked.' How can I make it available for use?
I have 'ORG Admin' permissions
Hello, Good day. Please refer to this link to enable Teams field : https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/using-atlassian-teams-in-jira-projects/
The help guide you provided is not helpful at all.I am curious about why the 'Team' custom field in JIRA Settings is locked.
Additionally, I have added the 'Team' field to the layout.
Hi @이진주
The Team field is a system field and all system fields are Locked - meaning you can't make changes to the make up of the field.
However, that doesn't mean that the field needs to be unlocked to use it.
You have added the field to your Issue Layout screen, so you should be able to see it for issues on that project now.
Hello, fields like "Epic link" and "Teams" are locked fields. Editing these fields will cause issues with over all function, so these fields are locked by default. However this will not stop you from using Team field in Jira. You can add the field to "Issue screen" and issue layout to start using the field. Thanks
As you mentioned, I can see it in the issue layout. However, when I try to use the field in a condition {} in the global automation, it is not available.
Why is the system field locked?
Welcome to the community
We cannot directly use it via the edit issue field condition but you can try the below method.
To use the team field in automation please find the details below
Team Field : https://abc.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?*customFieldId=ID*Team Name: TEST ABCTeam Id : JQL: "Team[Team]" = "TEAMID"Code to be used in automation
{ "fields": { "customfield_ID":"TEAMID" } }
Thank you,
Prachi
System fields are locked to prevent you from changing them. Again, that has no bearing on being able to use them or access them.
However, some fields in Jira are yet fully functional with Automation by just selecting them from a list. You need to do the advanced field setting and add JSON. Please see the previous helpful post on how to accomplish that.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-planning-questions/Can-Automation-set-the-Team-field-when-an-issue-is-assigned/qaq-p/1616145
I tried to run the global automation after checking the custom field ID, but it failed. I verified the custom field ID and team ID through JQL, but when I attempt to update them via JSON in the automation, it says that the custom field ID cannot be found.
Hi @이진주 ,
Could you please confirm if you finding the custom field id using this method : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+find+any+custom+field%27s+IDs
Please also send us a screenshot of the rule here.
I received an appropriate answer in another question, and it was resolved well. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.