Hi Community, Hope you are all well. We have created a very different use for our Jira Board. We wanted to get all our books projects onto one board/project. Our previous method of using Jira filled our boards too quickly and meant we were hitting the 5000 issues limit frequently - which caused problems!
Our new Jira board creates the next task once the following task is marked done and sat in the done column.
Sometimes to get a book project to the stage we want it, we go though a process of clicking done in the backlog on all the subtasks/tasks until it gets to the point(stage) at which we want. This is for older books that started production prior to the new board creation.
My question is - if we are selecting done in the backlog do these done tasks still live (even though they are hidden) in the Jira project and contribute to the 5000 limit?
Should I pop all of these older done tasks into the sprint so that they are in our done column in prep for the end of the sprint?
From my limited understanding when you end the sprint the done tasks are gone and don't contribute to the 5000 limit?
I use google sheets with the Jira cloud extension so I have a sheet of previously completed tasks. I use app scripts to format my data so I have a record of done stuff.
I just don't want the new board to break due to the 5000 limit!
Please Advise as I did look for an answer to this and there didn't seem to be one, or I couldn't find it!
Thanks a million