Our setup uses /servicedesk/customer/portals as a front-end presentment for customers to submit issues, which are then managed in the Service Management project. I'm finding that the same customers are creating more than one ticket and often are discussing the same problem. This creates issues as a single managing resource because I can respond in one way on a ticket vs. another way on the second ticket. What makes this more difficult is that there is no connection in the tickets to identify that they have submitted a second ticket.
I want to identify when a single customer creates a ticket and try to deflect the duplicated issue so we have a single communication thread. Alternatively, if I could tie the customer issues into the service management system so I don't have to say the same things to the same customer.
I'd love a plugin, but I can't find one that describes my problem. I'll take automation suggestions, but I didn't know how to build this experience without it being clunky.