I’m working on a Jira Service Management (JSM) project where we need to create tickets via API, and we’re facing an issue that I hope some of you have be familiar with.
Current Situation:
We have a single service account and an associated API token, which we're using to make API calls for creating and updating tickets in JSM. However, all tickets created through the API are displaying the service account as the user, rather than the actual end user. We need the tickets to display the name of the end user who submitted the form, not the service account the API token is tied to.
Test Scenarios:
Here are the test scenarios we’re working with:
A new customer submits a ticket via our custom form (using API calls).
Existing customers submit and update tickets via the same form.
We want to ensure automated notifications are sent when customers reply to the tickets.
Question:
Is there a way to configure our REST API calls (using the service account and token) to reflect the actual end user on the ticket, rather than the service account?
I've read that OAuth 2.0 might allow us to act on behalf of individual users, but I’m not sure how to integrate that, or if it’s the best route for us.