1. I want to create a role
2. add that role to a team-managed project
as soon as it gets created using jira global automation.
Hi @Pramod Pradhan
Welcome to the community.
Are talking about roles on global level in Jira, if so these are only applicable to permission schemes.
Roles on Team-managed projects are bound to the project only.
This can't be assigned via automation, only an admin of the project is able to create roles and add people to a role.
Hi Marc,
Thanks for replying. Is there any work around ? can we do this using using JIRA restapi ? Or running a custom script ?Also is there any Automation smart values for project Link ??
{{project.id}} is for project id {{project.avatarUrls}} is for project avatar. But i couldnt find any smart value for link to the project Home page
I think I have been wrong.
You could try the following API options.
You can create a role in the system: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-project-roles/#api-rest-api-3-role-post
And you should be able to put the role on a project: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-project-roles/#api-rest-api-3-role-id-put
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.