In our team we have a not so sophisticated process regarding the development of new software or new features in existing software. I could imagine others are doing it similar: Develop something and then see if it works. If not, the software has to be further adopted/developed.
We use versions of course, but in that stage we don't want to care about versioning. At least the team regard this as cumbersome and wants to avoid it, until a final stage gets reached. Personally, I could imagine to do it more formal, but I can also imagine that it turns out to be an unnecessary overhead.
My question now: Should I create tickets or should I just list issues someplace (checklist) in order to organize tasks? If I try out the developed software/feature and I recognize bugs or problems or I see that something is missing, I'd like to write it down and let the developer know, what needs to be done. I'd like to use tickets for that reason, so that it can be worked through by the team and I can watch the progress (using ticket status).
I'm just wondering about how to deal with these tickets. Using no affected/fixed version? Deleting all when development has finished? Would you say, using tickets is always a good idea? Or would you advice against it, to keep it simple?
How do you deal with it? What are your experiences?