Hello, I am a Scrum Master and I was working on setting up boards for the teams working.
I firstly created different Jira Boards for different teams but the teams were not happy as there was lot of cross functional needs between many development teams and they also wanted to view the working of their team members separately.
So here is what I did:
- I created a Main Board named Development Board and here the PMs will add all the requirements to the backlog list and every team will have access to this board and they will decided what tasks must go to the sprint.
- Enables multiple sprints options.
- Added respective teams to the groups. Under groups I created -> Front End Team, Backend Team 1 and Back End Team 2.
- Then I went to the main board and created filter and separate scrum board and project board for respective teams:
i. For Front End => project = "Development Board" and assignee in membersOf("Front End")
I saved the above filter and created a board for this filter now the front end team can see what work the members are working on in the front end board without having to revisit Development Board. - Now on front end board I see backlogs and sprints that is assigned to front end people.
- So, now if I want to add issues separately on front end board I see the issues are seen on lists options and not in product backlog option.
Please let me know how to make sure that the issues created separately on front end board is seen under product backlog and not in list.