I have created a custom field "Created By" in JIRA Service Management. Now I want this field to appear in Customer portal so that Customer can see that who created a particular ticket
Hi @Muhammad Ali Khan You need to go to the Project settings and add the field to the respective request type. If you want the field to be visible on all Request forms used by the customer, you need to add the field to each Request type.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/
Just out of curiosity, can I ask what this field does? You can use the Raise request on behalf of (already available on all request types) to choose a reporter.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Muhammad Ali Khan ,
Please follow the below document to update the columns.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-columns-in-your-customers-requests-list/
FYI.., Currently, you can only choose from a list of predefined columns and cannot add custom columns to the requests list.
This is not possible out-of-the box. If you are open to use addons, you can check our app Advanced Portal Reports. With it you can show customers on the portal any Jira field, incl. custom fields, SLAs, etc. It also has advanced search options and Excel export with a very simple UI.
Cheers,
Elitsa
I have been looking for this as well. It looks like its a FR since 2021 with no intent of getting picked up. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10031
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.