I can't seem to get my automation to edit a custom user picker field and make it match the assignee. I'm sure I'm doing something fairly obviously wrong, but I'm not used to JSON. I've tried it a dozen different ways, and can't get it to work properly. Thanks in advance for any help!
As my issue goes through the workflow, I want to record who on a specific team the task was assigned to at a specific point so that I can send it back to them later in the workflow to verify data.
The automation runs, but my custom user field won't update. Here's the automation
If X, then
Assign the issue to a user within a role (this works)
And edit the custom user picker field to match the assignee (does not work)

And here's how I'm trying to assign the "Andon ME" value:

In case it helps, here's how I've set up the custom field:
