I have some Issues assigned in project X.
The correct answer to this question is:
The projects, in order to share issues between them, should be managed by the company. Otherwise, it would be impossible to perform this action.
Hi Eduardo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What do you mean by invoke? Can you link issues between projects, sure.
In a typical Software Development project using the Scrum framework, if I have issues assigned in Project X, I can view these issues in Project Y, as long as they are assigned to the same sprint. Right?
Now, I’m trying to achieve something similar with a Kanban project. Specifically, I want to display issues from Project X that are not assigned to a sprint on the Kanban board of Project Z. Is this is possible?
Is there a way to accomplish this, perhaps by invoking these issues through a query?
Any guidance on how to set this up would be highly appreciated.
I’m also unsure if it makes a difference whether these projects are managed by the company or by individual teams.
Could this impact the ability to share and view issues across different projects?
Sure you can do that. You just need to modify the board filter for the board to show the additional project(s). While on your board, click the 3 dots in the upper right and select Configure board.
Go to the General tab if not there already. Scroll down and click on the Edit filter query link.
Change the filter from Project = "Project X" to Project in ("Project X", "Project Y")
Save the filter. Now issues from both projects should show on the board.
This is not completely accurate. There are other remedies. See my answer below.
Thank you for the detailed guidance and the helpful response. 😉
I'll start by adjusting the board filter as you suggested to include multiple projects. 👌
But, it's crucial to ensure that the projects are company-managed, as sharing issues between them wouldn't be possible otherwise. Once that's confirmed and the filter is set up, I’ll proceed with the additional steps to configure everything correctly. ✔️
I really appreciate your insights and your involvement in the discussion. 🤝
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.