Hi
We have a requirement where when a value is entered in a field of subtask it should copy the value to Parent or it should copy the value from subtask to Parent when a transition has happened-----With out Automation as it has limitation.
Thanks,
Mahanth.
Hi @Mahanth Prudhvi P
Can you show what you have setup an tried within automation, also the audit log.
Share the screenshot of your automation and detaisl of the actions?
Hi @Marc -Devoteam-
Thanks for the response. I can't use the automation as we are in Standard Plan(1700 automations per month). I am looking for the option other than automation/ addon that will cost us. We can actually copy field values from Parent to subtask using Post functions . I guess it is not possible in the opposite which is subtask to Parent.
Thanks
That is correct this can't be done with a post function from sub-tasks to parent.
This would require an app like; JMWE, JWT, JSU or use automation.
Hi @Mahanth Prudhvi P ,
I am part of the Decadis team and I would like to recommend you take a look at our application, Jira Workflow Toolbox (JWT).
Specifically, with our Post functions, it is possible to perform actions that are automatically executed when a transition is made, which will help you to update the values to the desired ones.
For example, this use case helps to set the priority of the parent issue to the priority of the current issue: Keep parent's priority in sync
If you need assistance on how to use the application, please, feel free to create a request in our support portal , we will be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Nacho
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.