Hello.
Perhaps someone can suggest a solution for this situation? I want a user-pick field that lists particular users, but those users would NOT get a Customer access to the Project, because I need them only for information (those users will not be Reporters/Assignees/Watchers).
* I've created a user group (called "Managers") and I've manually added all managers in our company to this group
* I've created a custom field (single user pick) called "Direct Manager" and filtered down to the user group "Managers"
* I even created a new Project Role, (also) called "Managers"...
However, I've noticed that in order to see/select the needed users, these users must be as "Service Desk Customers" (individually or via User Group/Project Role) OR that User Group/Project Role must have "Browse Project" permission... but I don't want them to see this Project (in Portal), as they will not be part of this process - they will only get an "FYI" email via Automation and their names are needed for the Agents.