Hi all,
I've created a Trigger rule which would inherit and populate a "Feature Team" field from our parent (Epic) issues. The child issue types would be "Tasks/Stories/Bugs" and I only wanted this to run on specific projects.
Here is what I created:
1. Scheduled trigger - specified date/time and frequency for running the trigger
2, Then: Edit Issue Fields - which I have set to "Feature Team"
3. Within the "Additional Fields" section, I had previously entered {{issue.parent.Feature Team}}
4. I specified the projects which I wanted this to run on and updated the rule.
I ran the rule this morning and the error message I got was "Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON."
5. Went by other recommendations to change this to {{issue.parent.customfield_12345}} (but put the correct custom field ID in)
However two messages return - first is that a number of the issues passed (but I don't see the feature team showing on the child issues) and the other is the same "not valid JSON -
I hope someone can provide me with the correct configuration of the rule so I can run it and retro-populate the field on child issues from parent!
Thanks for any help