Hi,
I'm working with a Jira issue hierarchy that has three or more levels. Here's a simplified version of the hierarchy:
What I'd like to achieve is this:
- When a Sub-task is transitioned to "Done," the parent Story should automatically transition to "Done."
- Furthermore, when all Stories within an Epic are marked as "Done," the Epic itself should also transition to "Done."
I'm currently using Jira Cloud and I’ve set up automation rules, but I'm facing challenges with ensuring that the status transitions correctly roll up to the parent and grandparent levels. Specifically, I want to ensure that the parent issue (Story) and grandparent issue (Epic) are automatically updated when the child issues are completed.
Has anyone successfully implemented this kind of status roll-up across multiple levels? If so, could you share how you configured your automation rules or workflows to achieve this?or Can it be achieved by any other method?
Thanks in advance for your help!