I am working on a workflow that will post to an API and am able to work with this API successfully with Bruno and other programs/languages.
However, I can't seem to get this to work with Jira Send Web Request in workflow specifically. It is actually quite baffling the behavior...
When I validate the rule with it set to 'POST', and sourcing a ticket that would trigger the flow, it works!

So then I go to trigger this workflow outside of the validation within the rule itself and I get the below error in the audit log:

So then I go back in the workflow and update the action from POST to PUT based on this message and change no other settings. Then when I go to validate I get an error that PUT isn't allowed, but to me this is expected because the API really expects a POST.

Has anyone experienced this behavior before?
UPDATE:
I notice if I replace the smart value I am trying to use and replace with a value it works fine. I have tried the smart value like this {{issue.fs_rm_ticket_id}} and {{issue.fs_rm_ticket_id.urlEncode}} and both fail with the same invalid method error.