Hi,
I have some prior experience with Jira as a user working within an existing setup. However, I'm relatively new to Jira Service Management. As a beginner eager to learn and master JSM, I'd like to present a use case here and get some insights on how to fully utilize JSM's potential.
I am using JSM as a ticketing tool for the Customer Support team. I have the following questions:
- Is JSM a good option for customer and technical support as a ticketing tool to keep records of investigations and communicate with customers? Engineering uses Jira for project management, where it works perfectly. I'd like to know how feasible JSM is for customer and technical support.
- How can I group tickets from specific customers? Users from the same organization might submit multiple tickets using different email addresses. Is it possible to create separate accounts for each organization and add user accounts under them? Alternatively, can I set up a rule to automatically apply labels with the organization's name to each ticket, if that's an option?
- Is there a way to trigger notifications for any failures? For instance, I currently have a setup that triggers Jira issues through emails. However, one user's email didn't trigger a Jira issue because they didn't have the correct role and permission (see attached email log). Is there a way to be notified about failures like this? In this case, I waited for a while and only discovered the issue when I manually checked the logs.

- Is it possible to monitor metrics of issues such as First Response time, Resolution Time, Idle Time, SLAs etc. in JSM. Can we track them in an Analytics Dashboard?
These are the questions I have for now, but I might have more in the future. I'm looking forward to learning more from the experts here.
Thanks,
Rahul
P.S.: I am working on setting up a workflow for customer support that ensures everything is logged in Jira and makes collaboration with Engineering easier. With this goal in mind, I would like to proceed with Jira Service Management. However, if anyone thinks this might not be feasible for any reason, I'm open to suggestions.