Hi,
In the permission scheme I can assign a certain user to a certain permission/action. If that user is not included in one of the project roles can he perform that action?
Thanks
Yes.
The project role is just one way to grant someone a permission. Naming them explicitly in the permission scheme is another way.
but then how can I set some of the users to a project and others to another project?
where can I set this distinction? let's say I have 100 users... and 50 I want to allocate to a project and the rest to another project?
thank you
Roles are defined globally, and available to all projects, but the people you put into each role is project based.
Imagine you have roles like Policeman, Teacher and Paper-shuffler. Then you have a load of English counties that all need Policemen, Teachers and Paper-shufflers. Now let's take a chap called Fred, who is a good policeman - you hire him as a copper in Berkshire (add him to role Policeman in the project Berkshire). Later, he transfers to Hampshire (add him to the policeman role in Hampshire, remove him from Berkshire). Later, he goes part time, and does some training as a teacher, and gets hired to do some teaching in Wiltshire (Add him to the role of Teacher in project Wiltshire)
@Nic ever tried your luck in teaching?
ok, so the people I put in each project role is project based! I get this. What is strange for me is that I can put a single user in the permission scheme for a certain permission/action and that single user can not exist in the project roles. So the conclusion is that the permission scheme overrules the users assigned in the project roles! Is this correct?
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.